D & I had the chance to slip away for a few days up to the mountains where the leaves were just changing colors. I tried to take a few pics on my camera phone but I'm afraid it didn't do it justice! It was absolutely beautiful & breathtaking! Every color of red, yellow & orange mixed in with the greens.... WOW! D reminded me as we were headed off the mountain that this was his mother's favorite time to be up at her cabin enjoying the view of the surroundings. I totally get that!
And then it was back to reality as we slipped back into our Vegas surroundings of browns & more browns & the stark contrast of an absolute lack of color! Why do we live here again? It's a good thing we are surrounded with family & friends who provide us with all the contrast & color a person could ever need!!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Beautiful!
Posted by email and phone numbers at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
i ask myself that question a lot too when i return from somewhere beautiful! but i love living here! it is ALL about the people!!!
I totally relate. I have a really hard time with the surroundings here... Thank goodness we LOVE our ward! The people are great.
I love fall in the mountains... so beautiful. glad you were able to get away.
I just saw the picture of your son with President Monson. What an amazing experience. The picture is awesome. He'll be able to remember that day forever!
Alec
I think Cedar Mountain is God's country. But I agree that family and friends like you make my life very colorful and fun!
Janae'
Las Vegas is home and I love it here, but I do miss the changing of seasons. I especially love the fall. I am so glad you were able to get away and enjoy the beauty of nature and enjoy being with your sweetheart. love ya!
Post a Comment