I think I need an intervention! I am totally hooked! (no pun intended) Some people get addicted to drugs or alchohol...me? I'm addicted to knitting! It's how I prefer to spend all my free time. You can find me in the "knitting position" usually every evening & into the late hours of the night when I should be sleeping. It's very sad really...
I came across these old pics of me. I think I was about 8 or 9. When D saw them he couldnt believe I've been doing this for that long! Yes, it's been a life-long addiction!

Here's my latest project. I love these little mary-jane booties! They're so fun & fast to make... I've made them in every color! 
Monday, November 3, 2008
Addicted
Posted by email and phone numbers at 10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. They are so VERY cute! I wish I could wear them, but they are just so CUTE to look at!
DARLING. you never cease to amaze me.
you are hysterical. most girls that age are starting to be all anxious over boys, and worrying about their outfits, while you were knitting yours! youre lucky you are good at it, and you didnt make tacky afgans, or else we'd all make fun of you.
btw..i really like those keys on the wall behind you..do u think grandma still has 'em?
I wish that my sister had a baby girl just so I could buy a pair of booties from you. Heaven forbid thinking that I could ever make anything like that. They are so cute!! I love the 'old' pictures!
Oh my gosh Jan.....you never cease to amaze me. I wish I had just one tenth of your talent and I would be happy. I was going through some things I had stored from when my girls were little and I came across the little dress you (I believe) crocheted for Hayley. It is priceless and I am honored to have something that you made. Someday I will find a talent......someday!
I love them too and agree that some girls (like you) got all of the talent. Where was I when they were passing them out? Probably learning to play basketball or something!!
I've been thinking about you and your family. I hope your mom is doing OK too. We will be sad to have her leave the ward.
I must admit that whenever someone mentions Aunt Jan, the first image that comes to mind is you in your family room, tiny, tiny thread in your hands, and the makings of an adorable baby something at your feet. And I'm glad there were NO afghans made!
Oh my gosh! My mom and i LOVE those booties! So cute!
Oh man, your grandkids are so lucky. They will always have such cute stuff to wear!
Wow! You are so talented. I would LOVE to learn from you. Hope all is well!!
Post a Comment